The Overlords er tilbage – og det med første liveoptræden siden 1995!
Nu gendannes de danske techno-legender, THE OVERLORDS, og de giver deres første liveoptræden siden 1995 fredag 3/3 -2023 på Pumpehuset.
THE OVERLORDS anses som værende blandt pionererne inden for elektronisk musik i Norden.
Bag THE OVERLORDS står Ian Ion og Rune B. Sammen med andre legendariske danske ikoner, der spiller helt eksklusivt, er der lagt op til en helt unik og ekstravagant elektronisk fest. Glæd dig til at opleve legenderne på scenen i Pumpehuset – det bli’r stort!
“The Overlords should’ve produced Cyberpunk. Their remix of Heroine is pure genius. It was no # 2 in America on Billbord’s Dance Chart. The sound of Heroine’s how the album should’ve sounded” - Billy Idol.
Først en times eksklusiv The Overlords Koncert og derefter fortsætter festen hele natten lang.
Elysium ( Kristian Thinning Andersen) Live Set https://hypnoticlforoom.dk/
Psychopod ( Ian Ion & Franke Madsen) / Live Set
Jean Borelli / Producer set
Nos Swedish underground legende / Vinyl set
Misja Stargate Productions / Dj set
First Phase 255 DKK + gebyr ( frem til 1. december)
Second Phase 299 DKK + gebyr ( 2. december- 1. januar)
Last Phase 349 DKK + gebyr (2. januar -3. marts)
Facts about The Overlords
• Formed in 1987 by Ian Ion, Dick D’Press and Rune B.
• The Overlords recorded Denmark’s first electronic album ‘Midnight at the Grooveyard II’, with the singles ‘7 Year Hitch’ (the first 12” single in Scandinavia)and ‘Night Fever’, and they arranged Denmark’s first techno raves with top international DJs, as well as launching their own clothing label, OVL Hardwear.• The Overlords gained international success with their album ‘Organic?’ which included the 2 techno classics ‘Sundown’ and ‘Organic!’. ‘Sundown’ lead the way in the fusion of trance and techno, and the track is now renowned as being an important and classic recording in the history of electronic music.• In 1993, the band signed the largest international contract that a Danish band had ever received at that time with USA based record company Arista/BMG.
• Their third album, ‘All The Naked People’ was released in more than 40 countries.The album included the 3 hit singles ‘God’s Eye’, ‘Wow Mr. Yogi’ and ‘God’s Eye On Goa’. ‘God’s Eye’ and ‘Wow Mr. Yogi’ both reached the Top 20 of the American Billboard Dance Chart. Both singles went to number 1 on Netchart as well as both tracks charting on European hit lists, including the UK and Scandinavia.
‘God’s Eye On Goa’ was a surprise psytrance hit and is now regarded as a bona fide Goa classic.
• The Overlords remixed Billy Idol, Traci Lords and Blue Pearl with great success, and their remixes placed in the Top 10 and Top 20 of the American Billboard Dance Chart.• In 1995, the band disbanded shortly before they were due to tour the USA, after an intense musical period, where the collaboration revealed that Ian Ion and Rune Bhad different ideas of which direction the band should continue in from the point they had reached.
• Ian Ion continued as an innovative DJ & producer, as well as a musician in Koxbox & Saikopod.
• Rune B. has since written and directed the feature films Bullfighter, Rich Kids and Bølle Bob & Smukke Sally, as well as developing, producing and directing work for television and advertising.