Bob Marley was born on Feb. 6, 1945 in Nine Mile, ST. Anns Jamaica. Every year in February reggae fans all over the world celebrates The King Of reggae music birthday as a reminder of his work for peace, love and liberty.
Songs such as “Jamming,” “Waiting in Vain,” “War,” and “One Love/People Get Ready,” has the message of Love, Peace and Social Justice, which has touched, uplifted and gave voice to the day-to-day struggles of so many people around the world, even today.
Sky Juice Promotions continues to honor The King by celebrating his life and music with a Earth day celebration called * WE JAMMIN *.
The only child of Anita Bell Davis, Jamaica’s ping pong champion in the 70′s, Ky-Mani was six years-old when his father passed, leaving one memory - the time Bob took him and brother Stephen to visit his Nine Miles birthplace, and Stephen showed Ky-Mani how to work a slingshot. “That’s it,” Ky-Mani says of the recollection that inspired his soul-wrenching “Dear Dad” ’97 debut single.
Pre vibes for ‘WE JAMMIN’ event.
- Tribute to Marley by reggae for kids live band?? (To be confirmed)
- Work shop on Bob Marley’s life
- Seminar on Rastafari and reggae music
- Reggae sound systems (spinning Marley on the box)
- Local reggae band and Special Guest artists (toasters/singers) ??
- Bob Marley works shown through video and special light show effects.
- Tribute by special guest speaker
- Headline kymani Marley live
For further information go to Skyjuice.dk